Thursday, 14 January 2016
Continuity task involving filming and editing a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a some lines of dialogue. This task should demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule.
The titles and opening of a new fiction film, to last a maximum of two minutes.
All video and audio material must be original, produced by the candidate(s), with the exception of music or audio effects from a copyright-free source.
Both preliminary and main tasks may be done individually or as a group. Maximum four members to a group.
directed by Tyrell, Danny and acted by Robert and the Amazing Jacob
The plot of our continuity sequence is that Robert is being followed by me in a clown mask, which is what appears to be some sort of ghost figure. When Robert finally approaches me, he discovers all I was after was a pen and that I was working in the drama department. The sequence starts off as horror and scary/eerie. However, towards the end of the sequence, it becomes quite clear that it is comedic and was all a joke.
What went well whilst recording was that we managed to get everything done, finished and recorded in one day. This help with the fact that it was continuous and was beneficial because everybody was still wearing the same clothes. Furthermore, we had access to props and costumes which helped with creating the horror theme. However, a problem we faced was that we had to change the classrooms we shot our scenes in with because the lighting wasn't appropriate for what we had in mind. Also, another problem we faced was that the tripod we wanted to use to record our sequence was broken and we only noticed once leaving, so this wasted time as we had to return and change the tripod.
To edit our sequence, we had to use the editing software of Final Cut Pro on the iMac computers. What went well whilst using this software was that it was quite simplistic to use and easy to include other pieces of media such as soundtracks, transitions and animations + effects to my sequence to add in the horror elements. However, a difficulty I found whilst using final cut pro was that it was hard to export my sequence on to the shared area. Also, it was hard to edit and crop the different shots together due to getting it at the exact precise point.